IT - Business Continuity
This initiated the company to receive assistance from Pitcher Partners to review their existing plans. What this discovered was the DR plan had come first and there was a very limited BCP plan.
Pitcher Partners were engaged to:
· Review the organisation’s capability to recovery business processes in the unlikely event of a disaster and design and create a BCP determining the maximum acceptable outages, recovery point and recovery time for all business processes.
· Design the appropriate BCP strategies and work around to ensure the business can continue its operations.
· Design the appropriate DR plan based on the business continuity requirements, including timings and costs.
· Assistance in determining an appropriate BCP/DR centre.
· Assistance in managing the move from the current DR centre to a new centre and the appropriate testing of the facility.
Telstra Super now has a tested BCP and DR plan that meets the requirements as specified by the business and ensures whatever the disaster, business at Telstra Super can “continue as normal” with minimal disruption to its business and their clients.