Scott has broad experience across all areas of taxation, both from time in the chartered accounting profession and also with the Australian Tax Office.
He is involved in professional and industry groups with a strong focus on the property industry. Scott is also skilled in estate & succession planning and managing complex family issues.
Scott regularly undertakes speaking engagements with TIA, ICAA and other organisations and has had a number of technical papers published.
Areas of expertise
- Income and Capital Gains Tax, including business or group restructure and succession issues for optimal outcomes including access to small business concessions where available
- Specialist commercial and taxation issues in respect of Retirement Villages and Aged Care
- Sale of business, mergers and acquisitions
- Goods and Service Tax - complex issues and commercial outcomes
- Investment, Superannuation, Financial and Estate Planning strategies
- Property investment, development and structures, including complex mixed developments and interests such as retirement villages
- Aged Care
- Health care
Memberships & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- Registered Tax Agent
- Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) with The Taxation Institute of Australia (TTI)
- Public Practice Certificate (CA) with Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Active Member of CAANZ - Indirect Tax Committee; Property Council GST Working Group and Retirement Living Council – Tax Committee
- Past Chair of TTI NSW Professional Development Committee & current Chair of State Council
- RG 146 Qualified (Financial Services) Licenced to Pitcher Partners Sydney Wealth Management Pty Ltd AFSL 336950
- Financial Planning Association of Australia (AFP)
7th September 2017
With the real estate markets in Sydney and Melbourne experiencing sustained
growth in residential property values, almost every owner has experien...
11th January 2017
This counter-question is usually followed by some uncomfortable shuffling,
some mumbles and the sheepish question, “I don’t have to put it in ...
27th June 2016
Politically, one party has made restricting negative gearing on residential
property part of its key platform – but new property, shares and ...
Services & Specialisations
Information in business is the key to being able to make the right decisions at the right ...Discover More
Tax affects every individual, public, private and multinational company, each with their o...Discover More
Forward thinking businesses who strive to maintain competitiveness or achieve strategic gr...Discover More
Forging the future of your business beyond the boundaries of today requires strategic plan...Discover More
The preparation and maintenance of an Estate Plan is an effective way of ensuring that a p...Discover More
When wealth accumulates in a family and is passed on through one generation to another, th...Discover More
In an increasingly complex and regulated environment, engaging the right professionals to ...Discover More
Where you are managing the wealth of you and your family, you might be looking for a meani...Discover More
Back to People