Download the full report here.
Deal Pulse highlights significant deals and trends by sector. Key findings include:
- Deal numbers accelerated with to 303 deals (up 7% on last year) and up 24% (over the last 3 years)
- The most active sector in Queensland was Consumer with 55 deals (up from 29 last year)
- Business services continued its slide, down to 20 deals (from its peak of 44 deals in 2015)
- Most active organisation was National Storage with 7 acquisitions
- Largest deal saw gambling giants Tabcorp and Tatts finalise the deal worth over $7.5bn.
Deal Pulse is aptly summed up by its title this year 'Pedal to the Metal', as the Queensland deal market is at full speed. Interestingly the cycles of the various sectors and deal sub-sectors have been highlighted, as we saw consumer (particularly car related deals), medical and financial services trending up, and energy, mining and utilities, business services and real estate trending down.
Given the deal activity we are currently involved with, interest rates and just the general appetite for growth, we do not see things slowing down. There are opportunities out there, but given the nature of inherent deal cycle, the key is to understand whether your sector represents opportunity for you as a vendor, or indeed as an acquirer.
We would be pleased to discuss in more detail any questions regarding the report, or our observations on the drivers of divestments and acquisitions in your sector.
Download the full report here