- Newcastle based role; with national & international affiliations & opportunities
- Are you ready to step up to this level?
- Critical role in small, cohesive team
Pitcher Partners Newcastle is a member of a national association of independent firms. The association is represented by Pitcher Partner firms in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Newcastle and the Hunter.
The Pitcher Partners national association is also an independent member of Baker Tilly International. Each firm operates as a separate independent business, but with a shared commitment to common values including providing exceptional client service, technical expertise, rigorous and practical commercial advice and a caring working environment. The firms work together to ensure clients receive the highest levels of service and advice, no matter where they are located.
PP believe in taking the time to proactively communicate with their clients to understand and anticipate their needs. They pride themselves on providing quality advice and receive satisfaction knowing that they have done everything in their power to help clients achieve their goals.
Pitcher Partners Newcastle is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their Private Clients- Business Services team based in Newcastle. To succeed in this role, you must be technically proficient, with a mind which can ‘think outside the box’ & with high level interpersonal and communication skills to enable you to ‘challenge the status quo’ if required, in a collaborative manner. You will be able to step up and demonstrate your strong accounting and supervisory abilities while engaging in responsibilities including; preparation of taxation and financials, client liaison, and mentoring a junior team member.
To be considered for this position you will ideally have:
- Business/Commerce degree with Accounting Major
- Minimum 3- 4 years experience in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge of cloud based accounting systems; in particular Xero
- Preparedness to commence CA qualifications
- Strong communication skills & attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team; and
- Commitment to continuing professional development
The firm offers a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration package with a range of employee benefits
- Commitment to your professional development; and
- A wide variety of clients
Applications for this opportunity should be forwarded to email@example.com